Friday, October 12, 2012

Here Comes the Sun

The Beatles song "Here Comes the Sun" is one of my favorites.  When my kids were babies Valerie and I would play music softly in their nursery.  We must have read somewhere that was the thing to do.  As new parents we were looking for all the guidance we could get.  At one of Valerie's baby showers someone gave us a collection of popular songs played as lullabies without words.  My favorite CD was "Baby Beatles" and my favorite song was "Here Comes the Sun."  Whether it's George Harrison singing it or just played as a lullaby... I love the song.

The song gives me hope just as the sun gives me hope.  "It's alright."  The last couple days I got to see the sunrise as I was walking around my neighborhood.  Those first rays of sunlight and the first appearance of that bright sphere in the morning gives me hope.  Today is a new day.  Today is a new beginning.  The world has been spinning for a long time.  It did before I was here and it will long after.  God knows.  It's alright.

Jesus, the Son, gives me hope.  It's alright.  The sun will rise again.  I belong to Christ, therefore I can embrace this day as the gift it is.   

No comments: