Wednesday, May 07, 2008

People in Glass Houses

i feel so free
beauty is all around
finally the temperature is right

snow is a memory
puddles have disappeared
green has shown its might

the sun has set
and the sidewalk is begging
for a stroll along the avenues

the breeze is light and calm
a feeling of comfort hangs in the air
nature has accepted God's cues

with the king is my ears
and a smile on my face
i venture out to enjoy creation

but as i glance at the crescent moon
and its reflection on the sparse clouds
something is missing from my sensation

cars wiz by as they always do
planes on their way to o'hare
but there is a void before me

house after house
step after step
tree after tree

where are the people
thousands live here
but they have vanished from this scene

some homes are dark
but some contain a glow
revealing rooms emotionally clean

an eye searches for joy and finds only stuff
a baby swing silent and still
balloons from a party two days prior

the glow from the plasma
reveals cartman and joan rivers
but where is my neighbor

mile after mile no one is here
have they gone to a meeting
are they hiding below

no one told them that God is great
and perfection is found out their door
have they found it inside alone

so used to their castle they do not know what's out there
someone in back of the yards died
they say not me i will stand by my wall

through the windows more light is found
horses on shelves and Sox displayed proudly
a clock from the 60's hangs tall

people in glass houses

are they afraid
of the unknown
of community

uninterrupted i arrive at my home
noise from the traffic surrounds
better lock the door behind me

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow!!