Saturday, April 29, 2006


How's The Weather Out There?

I don't usually spend much time watching the Weather Channel or surfing the web to get the latest forecasts but this past week has been an exception. My brother turns 30 today and he is coming to Ohio tomorrow so the two of us can go to a couple of ball games to celebrate. Going to baseball games in this part of the country, this time of year, is an iffy proposition. It's easy to be fooled by a beautiful sunny afternoon in the 60's to only find yourself freezing half-to-death at a cold ballpark that evening.

So I have been looking at accuweather.com the last few days. Earlier in the week they predicted rain and cold for Sunday and Monday night. Rain is out of their forecast now, but there still might be clouds Monday and temps in the 40's both evenings. Both Aaron and I have enough experience to know not to be fooled by a nice afternoon on either day. We will be prepared for the potentially cold evenings. With the information I got from accuweather I will purchase tickets today with confidence, knowing that we should be able to enjoy two good ball games, even if it might be cold.

Wouldn't it be great if there was a website like accuweather for all of life's decisions? There is an acculife.com, but it's in German and sells some strange, goofy stuff that won't seem to help much in my life.

The best place to look for guidance in life is not found on the internet, its found in God's Word. The Word is an excellent forecaster of all aspects of life. It points us to God and touches upon all the possible joys and struggles we may face in life. It is never wrong to follow the directions of God because no matter if it rains or is sunny, God will lead the way. And even when we face the end, God continues to give us support because he has given us a Savior, Jesus the Messiah, who opens the doors to heaven for us.

It very well may rain tomorrow and Monday. That would really bum me out. It also may storm in my life. But if I struggle with Christ I have faith that my thunderstorm will be for my gain. It may very well be the path to even greater things.

"It is better, if it is God's will, to suffer for doing good than for doing evil. For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God." - 1 Peter 3:17-18

No comments: